Being a student at TRU means getting support in your studies in many different ways. The amazing team of International Student Advisors and Academic Advisors is just one side of this support. Let’s talk about some other resources available for all students on campus.
- Library. TRU has the Main Library and the House of Learning Library. You can always find a quiet spot there to study both in a group and by yourself. Except books and other study materials, there are some electronic devices available for renting, like laptops and A/V equipment. To make your work on group projects more effective, you can also book a study room for up to 2 hours absolutely free.
- There are also some rooms available in TRU Student Union building. You can find the description and make a reservation here.
- Computer Labs. A huge help for assignments. Especially when you have a gap between classes and you would prefer to spend that time productively and do some homework or repeat material for the next class. Locations and schedule here.
- Writing Centre. A place where I spent lots of hours doing my assignments for Academic Writing class. You can book an appointment online and get help with grammar, punctuation, text structure, formatting and style (e.g. MLA or APA) for your paper.
- Career Education. This department will help you with career planning. They can help to prepare a resume and cover letter, practice for an interview, take a co-op term (both locally and abroad) and make you closer to a dream job. Career Education department also organizes annual Job Fair to help TRU students and Canadian employers find each other.
- TRU Symplicity. A source of job postings. The best thing of this web page is that employers who post their positions on TRU Symplicity know that they post it for students, so they are looking for students and most likely will be ready to adjust your working schedule in regards to studying schedule. Absolutely honestly can state that I found my job through TRU Symplicity.
- And one more as a bonus for all students, free Office 365. Download it for your computer or tablet and use it for free during all period of study.