Let’s be honest. After the long drawn winter, all we can dream about is beautiful summer. Most of the students can’t wait for the winter semester to get over, so they can have some fun in the sun. Some students have worked enough to save up for a trip to Costa Rica or Mexico, while others might spend the next four months watching every other sitcom on Netflix. So what are you going to do?
1. Downtown Vancouver Day Trip – May 14: Spend the entire day exploring in British Columbia’s largest city. You can enjoy world-class shopping, amazing food and spectacular views. It’s all waiting for you in Vancouver!
2. Vernon Beach, Brunch & Ranch – May 28: No place in BC says summer quite like the Okanagan Valley! Enjoy a delicious brunch before you bask in Vernon. Go for a hike, play frisbee or simply sunbathe at Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park. End your day with a visit to one of the oldest ranches in Okanagan.
3. My Big Fat Greek Wedding – June 12: Devour a sumptuous meal in a fun atmosphere with dinner theatre at the Brownstone Restaurant. Remember to dress up fancy for the wedding!
4. Whistler & Capilano Suspension Bridge – June 18: Visiting Whistler during winter is a no-brainer, simply because the ski resorts are so awesome. But a road trip to this destination along the super scenic Highway 99 in summer is a must. It will be a mesmerizing drive for you before you have lunch in Whistler Village.
Next up on the tour would be a walk on the wild side with the Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver. Sounds like a fun day to me!
5. Drive-In Movie – June 25: Visit a fruit and treat stand in North Okanagan and then travel back to the 50’s to enjoy a “drive-in” movie. We are going old school, fellas!
6. White Water Rafting – July 2: White Water Rafting is a great outdoor adventure to get your adrenaline pumping. You get to paddle AND power raft on Thompson River. If you are a confident swimmer, this could be your thing!
7. Pentincton Canal Float & Beach – July 9: Located between two lakes and surrounded by highlands, Penticton is all about the serene natural beauty. So what are you going to do over there?
- Plan A: Enjoy a lazy tube down the Pentincton Canal before spending a couple of hours at a splendid Okanagan beach.
- Plan B: Mini wine tour followed by some beach fun.
Now isn’t that just pure bliss?
These are just some of the interesting activities that the awesome ISAP Team has in store for you this summer. Like their Facebook page or follow this account to stay updated with all the events. Tickets are usually available on Tues/Wed/Thurs from 10 AM – 2 PM at the ISAP Desk in International Building.
What are your plans for this Summer? Comment below to let us know and you might win some awesome TRU swag! You can also share your views on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram using #myTRU.
Have a great summer!